Saturday, January 19, 2008

Barcelona: The Begining

Hello All,

This is my first Entry, and I know it's coming late, But there were some problems with the internet and computer access, I'll have to start you from the begining.
Leaving Newark to get here to Barcelona was probably one of the scariest times I've had on a plane, not because I was afraid of flying or leaving America, but because I thought we were sitting next to terrorists. They were Hacidic Jews, so normaly I wouldn't mark them as terrorists, but the one sitting next to me was being realy sketchy and nervous and ducking in his seat to call people and playing with his phone until we were actually taking off, the stewadesses had to yell at them several times, but after take off all was good.
We got to Barcelona just fine and met at the studio which is like two blocks away from our appartment, which is pretty sweet. I love our appartment! It's on Plaza Universitat, which is on the Northern tip of the old city. The Roomies are realy sweet too.




This is a bad picture because we took it right after dragging our luggage to the appartment, but it's on our balcony and shows the view out of the appartment. (The one on the right is Lauren)



Our appartment is between the palm trees in this picture, this is the plaza that we have a view of.

The first night in Barcelona we had a huge dinner with our teachers and all the students at a nearby restaurant and did it up Barcelona style with Paella and Sangria and Sausages and lots of bread. (The bread here is the best ever) But I was falling asleap at dinner from the jetlag and my teachers got a kick out of me falling asleap at the dinner table. Luckily I woke up in time for desert and got coconut Icecream it was delicious. I never knew Barcelona had palm trees, i guess they're all over in Europe.


The second day we were in Barcelona we went on a getting aquanted with Barcelona Tour and most of us walked down to the shore and saw the beach, which I am looking forward to swimming at. We went to Port Olympica, which is where Frank Gehry's Fish is (and a ton of popular bars and clubs) I can't wait for it to get warmer, even thogh compared to home (where it is snowing) it is gorgeous here, it's pretty much early spring weather.

Me and the Gehry Fish at Port Olympica


We've already seen a ton of realy sweet architecture here, From Gaudi to Gehry to Enrique Morrales, I think this is my favorite city. There realy aren't sky scrapers, and the old city streets where you feel closed in are beautiful in their own way.


Barcelona is Beautiful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home